Tuesday, August 10, 2010

la vie en vert

What is "la vie en vert"? The literal translation from French to English is "life in green" or "green living". I love France, and am in the process of learning French. It's a slow process. Spanish is my second language and I love it. I love languages in general, why not try to pick up a third? I've always thought the French language sounds so beautiful when spoken, so I'm giving it a try. THAT is why I've named my blog in Fench. I'll throw in a French word here and there for practice.

Green is in my blood...literally...since it's my family name. We Greens have some very distinct personality traits, if you know us, you know exactly what I'm talking about. My life as a Green has always involved art, nature, and collecting. This blog will be a little about all of that.

I wouldn't say my parents were all out hippies, but they had some definite hippie tendencies. Bell bottoms, a VW bus, moving to California in the 1970's, a love of the outdoors, you get the picture. We grew some of our own food, and hung our clothes out to dry. I still do. I walk or ride my bike to the post office, bank and market. I care about our environment, respect the planet and try to leave it better than I found it. I guess that's all part of being "green" these days. I just think it's a good way for me to live my life.

0 Let me know what you think!:

Post a Comment