Sunday, August 1, 2010

About Me

I'm an artist by nature and an accountant by education. I love to create, whether it's knitting, photography, drawing and doodling, I love it. I am also a fan of all things vintage. You can find me at flea markets, yard, garage and estate sales on most weekends. There's something almost therapeutic about going through other people's discards. I truly believe that one person's trash is another's treasure. I always wonder about the story behind the treasures I find.

I come by my love of these things honestly.

My mom is a true artist, and her latest medium is fabric. Her quilts have been featured in museums twice, and I'm so proud of her. I learned my appreciation for handmade things from her. My dad taught me about the art of negotiation on our Sunday morning trips to the flea market while I was growing up. He also shares my enthusiasm for photography and the great outdoors.

I am infinitely curious, and I try to learn at least one new thing every day. I'm passionate about travel and good food and drinks. My sense of adventure drives me to see the world and try new things as often as I can.

I plan on sharing my projects, flea market finds, and other things that inspire my creativity in this blog. I hope you'll find inspiration, humor, and enjoyment here. Come back often, follow, and comment! I look forward to hearing from you and getting to know you.

0 Let me know what you think!:

Post a Comment